There are many men and women who consult psychics while they are in a toxic relationship. They want advice. They want to understand what is going on in the relationship and how they can fix it or how they can get out of it. If you’ve ever been in a toxic relationship, or if you are now, you can relate to the fact that they are energy draining and oftentimes heartbreaking.
- Understand toxic love. In order to move forward in a positive way, spend some time getting to understand toxic relationships. Some call this codependency and others may call it love addiction. Regardless, spend time learning about the dynamics of this kind of love and then you’ll be in a better position to make changes. If you are basing your life around your partner and your self-worth and happiness is dependent upon him, you may indeed have a toxic relationship.
- Realize you may have to leave. It’s true. Sometimes you can heal toxic love, but oftentimes it takes breaking off the relationship and each person doing their own healing and soul work. Yes, it can be challenging and it does require a lot of courage in order to make the break, but keep in mind that you may have to do this.
- Fall in love with yourself. Healing will involve you beginning a relationship with yourself and falling in love with you. Self-love is a solid foundation for any relationship, but if you or your partner are only feeling good and loved when your partner is giving you affection or love, then you’re in for some heartache. When you begin to heal, you’ll automatically begin nurturing your own self back to love.
- Use it as an opportunity to grow. Toxic relationship give us ample opportunity to grow. Maybe you are dealing with insecurity and it comes out as jealousy toward your partner. This is an opportunity for you to heal that insecurity so that you will not feel that jealous feeling moving forward. Maybe you have the fear of abandonment that stems from neglect during childhood. Your relationship will give you and your partner great opportunities to heal old wounds.
- Hold your head up. You’re worthy of an amazing relationship with yourself and with another person. Embark on a self-discovery and healing journey so that you can not only feel amazing about yourself, but others as well. Hold your head up high whether your relationship works out or not. There’s always hope for a beautiful, life-giving, soul-mate connection in the future.
Toxic love can really bring you down. If you’re stuck in a cycle and cannot seem to get out, you may want to consult a professional counselor for some assistance. Yes, a psychic can give you a reading and may be able to give you some insight too, but sometimes you may need to go to a relationship expert to help you heal and foster healthy relationships.